No matter if you’ve been a devoted makeup enthusiast or you are just someone who’s at the very begining with makeup, when it reffers to the eyes, makeup can be a little tricky.
It is always useful to learn a few tricks.
You ca use that magic not only for special occasions but for your daily life to achieve eye makeup that is so on-point.
We’ve prepared a list of 25 simple eye makeup tips for all the beginners out there who have been overwhelmed by all that they come across in that world of makeup.
The advice is simple.
Just keep these simple tips when you’re doing your eyes, and you will achieve all the required result but not only – you will feel all that pleasure while doing it all for and by yourself.
Easy and Simple Eye Makeup Tips For Beginners
- Eyeliner Tricks
- Mascara Tricks
- Eyeshadow Tricks
- Eyebrow Tricks
Eyeliner may or may not be an appropriate for you, but it is used to say that the eyeliner is the basis of doing your eye makeup.
The basic advantage is that it gives you the freedom to work on the shape of your eyes.
This is the perfect way to emphasize them and fill in any sparse looking lashes.
There are different types of texture of an eyeliner.
The final effect of applying an eyeliner depends on the texture itself and your vision as to how you’d like to apply this – it looks great either ways.
Let’s take a quick review at some of the tips and techniques for this step.
1. The first step is to ensure if your eyelids are clean and then apply a primer on them, so the eye makeup does not smudge and stays for a longer period of time – that is all we aim at.
So, do not miss that essential step before you start doing any makeup.
2. If you want your eyelashes look denser, apply the eyeliner as close to the lashline as possible so it looks like to be a part of your natural lash line.
This is called tight-lining. Make a dotted line from the outer to the inwards corner and connect the dots.
3. It is very important the tip of your liner to be thin but blunt to achieve precision and so you get the perfect shape.
You can also freeze your eyeliner before sharpening to keep it from crumbling.
4. To accomplish the perfect winged eyeliner, use a liquid liner – start on the lash line at the pupil and work your way towards the corners. If your hand is not steady enough for liquid liner then first line your eyes with a pencil liner, then trace over it with your liquid liner.
(If you’re in a rush, you should just skip the liquid liner in your best interest!)
5. In case you want to achieve a smoky eye, opt for a pencil liner as these tend to be softer and creamier.
You can also use a smudging brush for that effortlessly cool smoky eye.
6. Another useful advice – do not regret your age.
Use such colors that are appropriate for you and for your age.
Let us say that brown is appropriate for a more elegant look and apply mascara to complement the simple look.
I am sure that you have noticed through the years while taking care of your beauty that mascara totally transforms your eyes, giving you that extra oomph?
The magical mascara wand makes you look bright-eyed and youthful. It’s a total game changer and the only kind of drama that I like.
Here are some important tricks for mascara application.
7. Start applying your mascara from the roots of your lashes and wiggle your way to the tips. Doing this instantly adds additional volume to your lashes and does not weigh them down.
8. After applying one lay of mascara, wait for about ten seconds to go in with a second coat (if desired). This way, your lashes don’t get clumpy! This advice is essential. The basic of the makeup is a guaranty of its long duration.
9. Wipe off excess mascara from the wand on a tissue before applying, so it’s easy to maneuver and won’t clump (you will also avoid the horrid spidery-lashes look).
10. Use a curler before you go in with mascara. Always make sure to curl your lashes using a high-quality eyelash curler. When you go in with curling, pinch your eyelash curler at last base and hold it tightly rotating upwards.
11. The way you hold your mascara matters! Hold your hand horizontally for thicker lashes and vertically (especially for the lower lashes) for a more natural look.
12. An essential tip for a long lasting mascara is then stop pumping the wand while pulling it out (this way you are only sending in the air to dry the product out), just swirl it to prevent it from drying out.
Note: For best results, mascara should be the last act of your eye makeup.
Eyeshadow is adding depthand giving dimension to your eyes.
If it’s applied in the right way, it makes your eyes look bigger and helps accentuate your eye color.
Do you need any advice?
13. Buy only high-quality products and brushes. There is a saying- I am not rich enough to buy cheap thing.
The quality always deserves investments. In this way you will not only achieve the desired effect but also will take care of your natural beauty.
They will go a long way besides ensuring proper application and blending.
14. If you want your eyeshadow to stay put all day and not crease besides wanting the eyeshadow color to really pop out – use a good basis before you go in with the eye shadow.
In case you want to make a less pigmented eyeshadow look vibrant and poppy, cover your eyelid with a white eyeliner first.
This leads to cancelling out the color of your skin and it creates an even base for your eyeshadow.
15. A dark shade is used for the bottom area of your eye (that is just near the lash line) – use a dark shade of eyeshadow, for the area above that, use a medium shade and for the top, use a light shade and blend them perfectly.
Eyebrows are often underestimated. We should emphasize on how important they are to provide a structure to your face.
Well groomed brows are indeed a game changer, they frame the eyes and they drastically ‘up’ your beauty quotient.
If you are someone who has over-plucked them, then worry not, because just a little bit of added definition will make a big impact!
Want some tips?
16. There is a great variety of brow products available in the market.
Choose a shade that best suits your hair color and fill in any gaps using the product.
17. Keep the look as natural as possible – this is the most important thing to rember.
For this – make sure to blend the product out properly to avoid any harsh lines and such.
18. Use a subtle highlighter right beneath the brow, under your arch to show off the shape and to add height to your brows.
19. If your eyebrows are out of control, use an eyebrow gel to keep them in place.
They also tend to look a lot better and groomed with just a little bit of that gel.
20. Do you want to know the best trick in the book?
For a bolder look, use an angled stiff brush and wet it before you fill your brows in with matte brown eyeshadow.
Few More Eye Makeup Tips For Beginners
21. To avoid your base from ruining due to eyeshadow fall-out, finish your eye makeup first and then continue with the base to ensure your makeup looks fresh.
22. If you are planning to wear loud eye makeup, keep the lips subtle. It’s always best to emphasize one feature at a time.
23. To make your eyes look brighter and youthful, highlight the inner corner of the eyes with a light color of eyeshadow.
24. If you want to instantly curl your stubborn lashes, use a blow-dryer on your curler (ensure it’s not too hot) before you curl them – this way, they will stay curled for longer.
25. If you’ve got excess product, say eyeshadow, use a blotting paper to remove the excess eyeshadow without disturbing the eyeliner.
Those were some really easy eye makeup tricks and hacks for every beginner out there who has been overwhelmed by the world of makeup.
These tips cover all the basics and hopefully, you will keep some of these pointers in mind the next time you’re doing your makeup.
26. How To Remove Eye Makeup?
Having in mind all these tricks and techniques of how to put these products on, it’s time you be learned a thing or two about how to remove eye makeup too.
It’s critical for you to take off every bit of makeup at the end of the day to ensure your eyes and skin remain healthy.
There are a lot of ways to remove waterproof, stubborn makeup.
Let’s look at a few simple ways to remove eye makeup.
Method 1: Removing Eye Makeup Using Eye Makeup Remover
It is also important to a high-quality makeup remover. This is the most commonly applied way to remove your makeup.
However, besides this, there are other ways like using coconut oil or some baby shampoo.
Note: Please don’t use your face wash to remove your eye makeup. The eye area is very sensitive, and this will only result in dryness and your lashes falling out.
Before you hit the wash-basin to remove your makeup with water…wait!
You could use wet wipes to remove all your makeup before you actually wash your face.
Don’t rub or do the washing with too much pressure while you are going in with the wipes. Use minimum pressure and gently wipe away.
You can use a cotton ball and dab some eye makeup remover and wipe with it as well.
In case you run out of makeup remover or want to use something more natural, just take some coconut oil between your hands and slather it across your face and eyes, leave it on for a while and then gently remove all traces of the oil using a cotton pad.
Note: In case you do not have coconut oil, you can also use olive oil, almond oil or petroleum jelly to take off your eye makeup).
So, all kind of natural oils are appropriate for that usage.
Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face.
Dab on some toner to close the pores, moisturize and dab on some under eye cream to provide relief to the region.
Method 2: Removal of Eye Makeup Using Baby Shampoo?
Remove makeup from the rest of your face.
Splash water on your face, concentrating on your eyes. Pour some baby shampoo onto your palm and work out a rich lather.
Apply this on your eye and make to and fro motions.
Splash water again to remove the soap content.
Repeat if it is necessary.
Always wash your face using a mild face wash. It is very important just not to dry your skin.
It’s essential to use a toner after washing your face. The basic role of a toner is to close the pores and makes skin healthier. A toner is also known to reduce blemishes.
Dab on a good moisturizer.
An under eye cream is extremely useful. It makes the skin the skin supple and helps you avoid eye bags and dark circles.
Remember, the baby shampoo might not be effective where long stay eye makeup products have been used.
Those were some simple methods to remove eye makeup.
Hope you found them useful and informative and try at least one of them the next time you are taking off your makeup.
If you are a beginner, we hope these eye makeup tips will help you out.
Now we believe that all the process of makeup is completed.
So, enjoy yourself in doing your makeup.